Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentine's Day....a day late!

Ok, so we all now know that the "S" in HSB stands for SLACKER! Seriously I have had no motivation to do anything these past few weeks.  I think its because its winter; I am so sick of coats and snow and coldness! I'm ready for summer and the playground! Anyway so after I saw Hooch and B posting all their cutesy Valentine's Day projects, I thought I'd do some too. Then I realized Valentine's Day was the next day! Eeek!!! But I managed to still do somethings just with what I already had at home.

First I am a total copy cat and made B's heart shaped cake.  Mine didn't turn out quite as symmetrical though.  I think my round cake pan is 9" and my square one is 8". Oh well it will do. And I let Bug decorate it so it looks beautiful to me!

 
 
With my left over cake mix I wanted to try to make heart shaped cupcakes.  I had seen this before done with marbles, but I didn't have any.  So instead I rolled up balls of foil and put them in the cupcake pan like this:
 
 

Now what I learned when doing this: Don't fill up the papers any more than halfway.  The ones I filled up the highest didn't turn out.  The top just puffed out over the part where the foil was and looked like a regular cupcake. Here is the difference.

 
I just cut the top off the of them though and they turned back into hearts. 
 
 
For a craft for Bug, I got an empty toilet paper roll, bent it, and put a rubber band around it and let her dip it in paint and make heart stamps.  It was so simple, but she loved doing it!
 
 
 
And for a special dinner I made, one of Bug's favorite Pink (Cranberry) Chicken.
You need: 6 chicken breasts (I do frozen)
1 can of whole cranberry sauce
1 small bottle of Catalina dressing
1 packet of onion soup mix
 
Dump it all in the crock pot and cook on low for about 6 hours.  I serve it over rice, but you could do mashed potatoes, or noodles or whatever you like!
 
So there you have it, those were our Valentines Day activities! As simple and last minute as they were, Bug enjoyed all of it! 
 
See ya later peeps!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment