Monday, February 11, 2013

Be My Valentine

So, last year for Valentine's Day, I came up with this brilliant idea to use miniature boxes of cereal with cute little sayings that go along with the cereal name/brand. (ex: Frosted Flakes "I think you're greeeeat!")  I was so excited because, at a time when Pinterest was the new place to go for ideas, I came up with this one all on my own.  Needless to say, I wasn't the first one to think of it...I found all kinds of pictures and examples later on Pinterest.  But that's ok.  I'm still going to claim it as mine!

When I went shopping, my choice of miniature cereals were somewhat limited.  I could either go with the General Mills boxes or Kellogg's boxes.  I had some good sayings already for Lucky Charms and Honey Nut Cheerios, so General Mills won! 


Cocoa Puffs: "I'm cuckoo for you friend!"
Trix: "There's no Trickin', You're a great friend!"
Frosted Cheerios: "You're a cool friend!"
Honey Nut Cheerios: "Bee my Valentine!"
Lucky Charms: "I'm lucky to have you as a friend!" or "I think you're charming!"
Cinnamon Toast Crunch: "You are the sweetest friend!"
Golden Grahams: "Our friendship is Golden!"
Cheerios: "You make my heart cheerful!"

I pasted the sayings on top of a pink heart-shaped Post it note and added Jacob's name to the top of the box.


I think they are very cute, and I'm happy with them...and so is Jacob!

I also wanted to share, in case you haven't already seen this, how to make a heart shaped cake.

All you need is one 9 in square baking pan and one 9 in circle baking pan.  You can use one box of cake mix and split it between the two pans. (I happened to use half chocolate and half yellow cake, because I also made cupcakes.)

  Once the cakes are baked and cooled, you place the square cake on its side (so it is shaped like a diamond).  With the circle cake, you cut it in half and place the two half circles on either side top of the diamond. 
Voila! You have a heart shaped cake and can decorate it as you please.


3 comments:

  1. Love that cake B! Never thought about making a heart shaped cake without using a heart shaped pan!

    ReplyDelete