Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Valentine's Day Treat

First off, Happy Valentine's Day! I have to admit, I was never a huge fan of this holiday, but now that my daughter is getting old enough to be excited about it, I have come to appreciate and actually look forward to February 14th!

For Felicity's preschool Valentine's Day party, her teacher asked me to provide the class snack. Luckily, none of her classmates suffer from any food allergies, which left my choices on what to make pretty much wide open. Instead of doing cookies or cupcakes, I decided to make individual pudding cups for each child. These were so easy to make, and I have to say, they turned out to be really cute!

To make them, I used things I already had on hand...Chinet cups, cupcake liners, ribbon and of course, pudding mix. I layered chocolate pudding with vanilla pudding that I dyed pink using red food coloring...then topped everything off with crushed Oreos. I then used cupcake liners to cover the tops and tied a ribbon around the cup to hold it all together. The adorable wooden stamped spoons were ordered from this awesome Etsy shop...the best part about the spoons is that the full proceeds are donated to a charity that supports those effected by the Sandy Hook Elementary School tragedy.



You can easily make these work for any holiday by changing up the liners and the ribbon...the possibilities are endless! I will be back later this week to give you all a peek at the Valentine's Day surprise my husband and I have planned for Felicity. Fingers crossed she LOVES it!

What Valentine's Day treats did you make this year? Share in the comments!

Linking up to these fabulous blogs:
Jennifer Rizzo
Bower Power

1 comment:

  1. Super cute! And I like the idea of using this for different holidays and changing up the colors! And if you didn't want the chocolate oreos, you could use the golden ones! possibilites are endless! :)

    ReplyDelete