Wednesday, December 5, 2012

B's Festival of Trees

The day after Thanksgiving, while most people were out shopping the Black Friday deals, I was at home, getting my house all ready for Christmas.  (*Side note: I have always been a strong believer in waiting until after Thanksgiving before doing anything Christmas.  But as the years go by, I'm finding it harder to resist listening to the Christmas music and putting up our tree before Thanksgiving.)  With Ronnie outside, hanging lights on the house, I was inside working on the trees!  Yes, I said trees, with an S!  Let me give you a little background story.  My love for Christmas decorating definitely comes from my parents.  To this day, I've never seen a more beautiful Christmas tree than the one they put in their living room.  My favorite part of their tree is that they have so many different and unique ornaments, and each one has its own story. (My Dad could probably tell you when, where or from whom each and every ornament came!)  And growing up, my siblings and I each had our very own tree in our rooms that we got to decorate.  I always loved this idea, so I have carried on that tradition with my kids. 

Jacob's tree:  The theme of his tree is "Shades of Blue".  Blue ribbon, blue beads, and blue and silver ornaments decorate his tree.  Who's that angel at the top of the tree?!
Julia's tree:  I was so excited about Julia's tree this year.  Last year, I found all of these adorable candy and gingerbread ornaments on sale at Kohls after Christmas, and the theme of her tree was decided, "Candyland".  Candy canes, gingerbread, ice cream cones, pink tulle and pink ornaments decorate her tree.  (The big pink ornament balls were actually used as decoration at our wedding!)


Living room tree:  We have a 8 ft artificial tree that we use as our "main" tree.  This tree normally has white bead garland, white pearl lights, and all different kinds of ornaments, but I decided to do it differently this year.   This year, I used red berry branches, pine cones, gold ribbon, and red, white, and gold ornaments.  I still feel like it's missing something, maybe big red poinsettias or big red ornament balls.  What do you think?
 
I made the bow tree topper using gold ribbon.  I used this tutorial, and it was super easy to make! 

Basement tree:  Lastly, what should we do with all the ornaments that we didn't use this year on the main tree?  Well, buy another tree, of course!  I love this little Christmas corner in our basement.  I call these our "Memories" trees.  They include different ornaments from over the last 7 years that Ronnie and I have been married, from Our First Christmas to Jacob and Julia's first Christmases and many more! 


Now you get to see what Ronnie was working on!

Cue Clark Griswold singing, "Joy to the World" as he plugs the lights in! 
(I know the 2 windows are missing wreaths...we can't find them!  We're on our way to buy 2 more right more!)
Ok, so maybe it's not that many lights....but we're not done yet! haha!


I hope you enjoyed the tour of B's Festival of Trees! 

10 comments:

  1. That is sweet! I'm so embarassed to have you over our house now during Christmas... ugh.
    Ben

    ReplyDelete
  2. B, your house looks beautiful!! Great job on the bow too. Julia's tree is adorable.

    Oh crap, does this mean I have to show my holiday decorations now????? I don't even have my tree up yet!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job, B! Ben, don't worry... now it's on like Donkey Kong. Battle of the sisters! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! Ben, stop it! I LOVE your house ALL the time!! Stonf...no worries...I'm just super crazy about having our tree up right after T-day. And Leslie, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job B! I love the outside lights! I have to keep this post from George or he will be mad that I didn't allow him to put lights up outside this year! LOL Your trees look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing like making the greatest Christmas memories and adding new ones each year. Deck it all I say Deck it all!! I don't know how to send this so I will be Anonymous....Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't get over how funny/cute the little Jacob angel is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Cindi! : ) @Leslie He made that in preschool last year! I love the stuff they come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww...Grammy & Pappy would be so proud!! It makes me want to give each tree a great big hug, like Stephen does to Pappy's tree- causing his blood pressure to spike! Haha!!
    Love it!;)

    ReplyDelete