Friday, December 14, 2012

Easy (but delicious!) Christmas Cookies

If you're like me, then you wait until the last minute to do things (not unlike this post!).  And during the holiday season when you're invited to 268913 different parties, you need something quick and easy to show up with.  So last year I started making these Oreo balls and everyone loved them.  And here is why I love them: they are only a few ingredients and no bake.  Its a win for everyone!

Here's your ingredient list:
-Oreos (1 whole box)
-Cream Cheese (1 8oz block, softened)
-Chocolate Chips (or any other kind of melting chocolate)

First grind up the Oreos in the food processor. Then mix them together with cream cheese until you have all the Oreo crumbs moist.  Roll them into balls and put them in the freezer (or refrigerator if you have the extra time) for a few minutes.  Then melt your chocolate while your balls are in the freezer. Once they harden a little, dip the balls into the melted chocolate. One helpful hint I've found for melting the chocolate nicely is using my little mini crock pot.  I always burn the chocolate when I do it in the microwave and the crock pot melts it evenly so that it covers the balls smoothly.  Once again stick them in the freezer for a few minutes so they harden. And seriously that's it!

Now you can use just regular Oreos and regular chocolate chips, but here are some other delicious combinations I've experimented:
-Mint Oreos and Dark Chocolate Chips
-Golden Oreos and Milk Chocolate Chips
-Peanut Butter Oreos and Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chips
-Double Stuffed Oreos and White Chocolate Chips



Everyone who has eaten these have commented on how big I make them...well that is because I let Bug roll the balls.  Here is what she looks like after making them.



And on another "Keepin It Real" note...as I sit here and type this, Bug is jumping off the couch behind me with no pants and no diaper on.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment