Friday, March 8, 2013

Cloth Napkin Pillows

When we bought the new sleeper sofa for the man cave, it came with two pillows that were just not in line with the style we wanted for the room. On one of my many trips to Target, I was walking past the kitchen textiles area when a set of 4 napkins caught my eye. Well, ok, let me be honest, the big red clearance tag caught my eye first! The pattern and colors of the napkins were more masculine and would pick up the accent colors we would be using in the man cave, so in the cart they went.



This was one of the easiest projects I've ever done...all the cutting was done already so all I had to do was pin two napkins together (with the inside of the napkin on the outside)and sew along the existing seams of the napkins leaving a small section open for stuffing. Once I finished sewing, I pulled the cover through the small opening so that the nicer side of the napkins were on the outside of the pillow cover and proceeded to stuff the covers with poly fill. Once I stuffed the pillows, I sewed the small opening closed.



There you have it...2 pillows for $4.98 and about an hour of my time!



While I was busy working on the pillows, my husband was painting the room and changing the light fixture. We are making progress...but still have a lot of work to do. Stay tuned!



Have you ever made pillow covers out of napkins? This may be my new go to option for pillows from now on! Happy weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Those turned out so nice. Good idea. Martha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so good! what a great idea!! I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete