Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Easter Wreath

Anyone else feel like Easter just snuck up on them this year?  I certainly feel like it did! Its only a few weeks away now, and honestly didn't I just take down my Christmas decorations?! Oh wait I did just take them down in February!  Anyway, I wanted to try to make a cute wreath for my front door made out of plastic Easter eggs this year.  My first attempt ended in a crafting injury. I thought I could string the eggs with wire (the plastic eggs I had had little holes in the bottoms) and wrap them around a Styrofoam wreath.  Well it started out fine, until I accidentally stuck the wire through my finger!  I had to pull the wire out of my finger which left 2 bloody holes and then my finger swelled up. Hmmm, when was my last tetanus shot?!? So I decided to just use my trusty glue gun instead and it resulted in no injuries this time!

For this project you'll need:
- Styrofoam wreath
- about 24 plastic eggs (depending on the size of your wreath)
- ribbon
- glue gun


Tie your ribbon to hang the wreath on first, otherwise it will be hard to get the ribbon around the eggs.  Then just start gluing your eggs on.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Now you could probably glue the eggs in rows all going the same way, but I think it looks cute with the eggs going in different directions.  It all just depends on what you like.  When I was done, there was a lot of the white wreath showing through some of the spaces between the eggs.  So my solution was to take ribbon and glue it down in the spaces. I used a toothpick to get it into the tight spaces and it worked out pretty easily.
 
The finished product:
 


Overall, I'd say this is a pretty easy project to do.  You need only a few materials and the only skill required is to know how to work a glue gun.  Gluing everything can get tedious, but it didn't take me longer than an hour and a half to finish. So get gluing!

1 comment:

  1. Very cute! And I like the extra ribbon glued between the eggs!

    ReplyDelete