Thursday, August 15, 2013

HSB Goes...to Idlewild Park

Ok, so here we are.  It's the middle of August.  Doomsday, I mean, the first day of school is drawing ever so close.  And with summer coming to its inevitable end, Hooch suggested we take the kids to Idlewild Park for one last hurrah!  It was the perfect idea! Hooch and Stonf got to the park about an hour before I did, and spent some time at the Soak Zone water park until we arrived.  Once we got there and met up with everyone, we set out to ride as many rides and see as many things as we could.  Here are some of the pictures from our day! 
   Note: My "9 months pregnant" status kept me from riding anything and I assumed the role of photographer for the day.  Unfortunately, I don't have any lovely pictures of me waddling around the park or riding the benches or hunting down my favorite craving, Blue Raspberry ICEEs. 
   One of our first adventures...the "Rollocoaster".  All of our kids were big enough to ride along with an adult, and with a little bit of convincing, all the kids decided to give it a try.  What you do not see pictured are the faces of the kids AFTER the ride.  We'll just say the 2 out of the 4 kids were not exactly happy with their decision. 

One of my favorite parts of Idlewild is Story Book Forest, and since it closed before the rest of the park, we made our way over there next. 


 
 

After Story Book Forest, we stopped at Jumping Jungle.  Tons of fun for everyone...except Hooch's husband!  Let's just say, Climbing net - 1, George's sandal - 0.  Fortunately, over at the water park, he was able to buy replacement sandals so he wouldn't have to walk barefoot the rest of the day. 
 

Last, but not least, we took the kids to Raccoon Lagoon (kiddie land) where all the rides are for kids between the height of 36" and 56"...aka My amusement park paradise! (I'm not going to lie, even if I weren't 9 months pregnant, I wouldn't be riding any rides.  As much as I love watching my kids enjoy them, I am NOT a fan!)

This has to be my favorite picture of the day!  I just love the before and after expressions.  Obviously, someone wasn't sharing the wheel!
 

 
Another favorite...love their faces in this one!
All in all, we had a fun day!!  And, you know, we wouldn't be keepin it real if we didn't have to run to our cars in the pouring down rain at the end of the day!

1 comment:

  1. Such a fun day!! I love the last pic of the kiddos!
    P.S...B I think I may have a pic of you in the background riding the bench!!

    ReplyDelete