Monday, June 17, 2013

Organizing Hair Accessories

It seems that as my daughter gets older, she accumulates more and more hair accessories. Over the weekend, she was helping me clean her room when I realized that the old headband storage system that I made by covering an oatmeal container with scrapbook paper was no longer large enough to hold all of her headbands. I still had ribbon left over from when I converted an old frame to a hair bow holder, so I pulled out the ribbon and my glue gun and got to work.

I honestly cannot explain how easy this was to make! It took me about 10 minutes total to create storage for multiple headbands. You will want to use a thick, wide ribbon as the base of the holder and use a smaller width ribbon to create the hanging portion of the holder. I simply used the glue gun to create loops using the smaller ribbon, as you can see in the pictures below. You can create as many loops as you need by making your base ribbon longer or shorter. My finished holder allows storage for a total of eight headbands.


Once I was finished gluing my loops, I used the small ribbon to attach a loop to the top back portion of the hanger...this will allow you to hang the headband holder on the wall. I ended up hanging the holder next to the hair bow organizer that I created (click here for the details on the hair bow organizer) to allow my daughter to choose her own accessories each day.




I love this project, it was easy, fast, completely free (since I already had all of the supplies on hand) and helped to bring some organization to Felicity's room. As always, thanks for visiting! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment